Testbourne takes all reasonable steps to safeguard the well-being of children in our care. To this end: –
- We follow Hampshire County Council guidelines with regard to Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Safeguarding statements are included in all documents related to recruitment of staff.
- Safeguarding procedures are followed in the interview and appointment of staff, including ensuring that there is at least one member of the panel who has completing
- Safeguarding/Safer Recruitment training.
- All staff and volunteers are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
- Staff and Governors are trained with regard to Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Our Child Protection Policy sets out appropriate policy and procedures and is reviewed annually by the Governing Body.
- The Headteacher makes an annual report into the Governing Body and LA on all aspects of Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- James Lovegrove, Assistant Headteacher, is our designated Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Mr. Stephen Court is our designated Governor for Safeguarding and Child Protection.
Aspects of Child Protection and Safeguarding are included in the school curriculum to give pupils the information they need to help them stay safe and make wise choices. This includes: work on bullying, cyber-bullying, safe use of the Internet and personal safety.
Supporting parents to understand the risks of the internet
Here are some useful guides from ‘Think U Know’ and the NSPCC:
How to…guides (Think U Know)
Your guide to the social networks your kids use (NSPCC)