It is important that all students wear the correct uniform to help maintain the school’s high standards. Please ensure your child’s uniform and appearance complies with the regulations below.
Students should wear:
- Navy blue blazer, with Testbourne School badge
- School tie ~ in house colours
- Charcoal grey or black formal trousers or navy skirt. Skirts should have at least one pleat and be knee length.
- Trousers should be loose not tight/skinny fitting, not jeans material or brushed cotton and plain, with no additional labels or decoration
- ‘Hoodies’ are NOT permitted
- No ornate belts
- Dark blue, V-Neck jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt with school crest (optional)
- Plain white shirt, with proper collar
- Royal blue polo shirt with school badge (Summer Term only)
- Plain white, navy or black socks or navy/black tights
- Flat formal sensible shoes ~ black. Canvas and suede shoes, trainers, shoes with logos, sandals, open-toed shoes, boots and platform-soled shoes are not allowed. Converse and Vans footwear is not permitted.
- Make up is not permitted in Years 7-9 and must only be very discrete in Year 10-11
- One stud is permitted in each ear. No other piercings are permitted
- Jewellery of any description is not permitted
- Students should have a sensible jacket or waterproof for outdoor wear. These should be suitable for school wear and not, e.g. army jackets, denim, leather or with slogans/studs
- Jewellery in general should not be worn. One discreet pair of ear studs is allowed in each ear. No other visible form of piercing is allowed and no facial piercings
- Boys should be clean shaven
- No make-up in Years 7, 8 or 9: discreet make-up permitted in Years 10 and 11, although not encouraged
- Hair should be of a natural colour. It should not be of an extreme fashion style, shaven-headed or pose a risk to health and safety
- A PVC apron is recommended for Art
Please note hoodies and other sweatshirts are not allowed at all, whether in school or on the way to and from school.
Please note that the Headteacher’s decision is final.
PE Uniform List
- Rugby shirt (Royal blue with amber reversible hoop)
- Yellow polo shirt (House specific)
- Royal shorts – 2 pairs recommended
- Royal socks – 2 pairs recommended
- Swimming trunks (no Bermuda shorts)
- Swimming costume (one-piece, no bikinis)
- Training shoes suitable for indoor and outdoor activities. No skate-boarding trainers.
- Gum shield for contact sports ~ hockey and rugby (available from sports shops/Skoolkit/dentists/school)
- Rugby or football boots with interchangeable rugby studs for boys (strongly recommended for all games on grass for health and safety)
- Plain sweatshirt/jogging bottoms (navy or black)
- Plain tracksuit (navy or black)
- Rugby shorts (navy or black)
Shin pads for football/rugby (recommended by FA/RFU)
Testbourne Team Fixtures
Students selected to play for the school against other schools will be required to wear Testbourne PE kit unless otherwise instructed. For details of other sports or queries please contact Mr Archer, Head of P.E.
Thank you for your support in ensuring your child comes to school properly dressed in a way which they, you and the school can be proud of.
Uniform may be obtained from:-
- Skoolkit, 7 Church Street, Basingstoke; telephone number 01256 817284. Visit their website here
- Skoolkit will also visit the school in July for new and existing students.