Staff at Testbourne Community School have been working incredibly hard to find alternative ways to induct our new Year 6 students in response to the pandemic. As it is not possible for students to visit us before starting in September, we have organised a range of online activities for them to engage with. These include:
- Setting each student up with a Microsoft Office 365 account so they can access and get used to our virtual learning environment before starting with us in September.
- Delivering a programme of online lessons in a variety of subjects for students to engage with so they meet subject staff and get a feel for lessons at Testbourne and what we offer.
- A range of fun activities such as quizzes and challenges that students can try out.
- A Virtual Induction Day where students will have an assembly from our headteacher, get an opportunity to meet their tutor and ask questions as well as engage in a number of fun orienteering activities online. Our Virtual Induction Day will still take place on Wednesday 8th July.
- A Virtual Induction presentation for parents from our Headteacher, Jon Beck in the evening of Induction Day.
For those students joining us in September, click here for the link to the Virtual Induction site we have made especially for you. You can only access this site by logging into your Office 365 account and these details were sent out to your parents by email. Please contact email@example.com for further information or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are experiencing any technical problems.
We very much look forward to welcoming our new students to Testbourne in September and meeting them all in person. Please find below a link to our Prospectus Video and our New Year 7 Starters Information Booklet.